17 October 2008

Taxpayer Advocate for Wyoming

I got a call about two weeks ago inviting me to listen in on the area conference call of the Taxpayer Advocate Panel. I decided what the heck, I could listen in on a tele-conference since I had previously submitted my name for consideration on this volunteer panel, already committed to serve for 3 years if selected, had been interviewed, fingerprinted, emailed and investigated with a background check. It was interesting.

Wednesday I got a call from a lady (Taxpayer Advocate Panel Office??) saying that I had been selected to be Wyoming's sole representative on the Taxpayer Advocate Panel. We will have a week long training in Washington D.C. the first week of December. I believe I "start" in January.


I will type more what it means to be Wyoming's Taxpayer Advocate when I understand more. I have read the papers they sent me when this all started earlier this year. We don't try to change tax law, in fact I believe we need to stay away from that while we serve. We can just help with non-statutory (?) things like forms and word clarification as well as gathering citizen input and more. (At least that's my understanding)

You can click here to read my previous post on my interview and more for the TAP positions

No comments: