17 October 2008

Lander, Wyoming

I am spending tonight and most of tomorrow in Lander, Wyoming. My husband is taking a class so I left the house, the kids, my mother and her new husband, the whole elk hunting thing, the cat, my new part-time job working on the wonderful Wyoming Newspaper Project...and I came to Lander.

I met a very nice lady (Judi) here at the hotel where we are staying. She is Methodist (I add that just to add a detail I learned about her. Don't read anything into it just because I don't usually add religion after someone's name that I just met...) and she told me about a Methodist turkey dinner/fundraiser that is tomorrow, starts at 11am. There is also an art show in town that looks great. So, I will take a few snapshots and post after what I think will be a lovely trip.

I may run over to Riverton as well and see Jake Korrell, if he is around. He is this ancient (!) living trapper, my boys are thrilled to know that on our last trip to Riverton they met the oldest living trapper. I took some great pictures and then LOST MY CAMERA. Such a bummer because Jake, and his dog, were so good to my kids. We bought a bunch of stuff from him. I want to go see if his new Wind River Heritage Center is up and going...

No comments: