26 January 2009

Riverton, Wyoming in the winter




A quick weekend trip to the beautiful town of Riverton, Wyoming led to new experiences and new friends. I hope to make another trip in two weeks and will have a free Saturday. Perhaps Riverton group would be open to a short TAP presentation? Let me know.

I enjoyed meeting Amanda at Daylight Donuts. We had a nice shopping time at "ReUse" and a consignment store as well as the enclosed Flea Market. Riverton still sparkled with it's silver tinsel wrapped around the light posts, my 4 year old daughter loved it.
































We tried to get to the animal shelter but it closed at noon on Saturday.

Someday, I would like to visit with the people at Wyoming.com but it is closed on Saturday.



As usual, I started my weekend visit by reading the Friday Edition of the Riverton Ranger. I was very sad to read the story about little 11 year old Sage and the sadness her entire family feels.




We did see the Rendezvous site.
















I also drove by the Wyoming Fire Academy where I have attended for a couple of mid-winter fire schools during my years as a volunteer fire fighter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Wyoming Flavor,
It was nice to find another blog about Wyoming. In case you're interested, here is mine:
http://www.thermopoliswyoming.blogspot.com/
Stephen