18 October 2008

Methodist Fundraiser Dinner - Lander








Judi, a very nice lady I met last night (Friday) at the hotel where I was staying, told me about the turkey dinner at the Methodist church on Saturday (today). This came out during the course of a visit we had in the lobby of the hotel. I went to the luncheon fundraiser at 11:30 am and for $8 had the most wonderful meal of turkey, stuffing, pie and more!

I also met wonderful people, sisters VestaDe and JoAnn and Ray & Gen. Ray told me, "Make sure while you are here you take time to smell the roses." Or to that effect. I'm not sure if he was letting me know that Lander, Wyoming was a great place or if he thought my 6 hour schedule for the day sounded too ambitious..:)

I especially enjoyed visiting with my two new young friends (same ages as my two middle children) who set me off on the greatest adventure - to see the sinks and the rise of the Popo Agie River. I went, and I loved it! It was the most beautiful thing I've seen, and I've been around a lot of the world! Thank you.

I will be posting pictures soon, blogger isn't working well tonight so check back in a day or two.

Thank you!

No comments: