11 September 2008

Rawlins, Wyoming

The title of this blog should be "Old Wyoming State Pen" because that is really the only thing I have ever been to when I've been through Rawlins. I visited in the winter months a few years back (on the way to a WAM conference?) but I didn't take the tour of the old Wyoming State Pen.

Recently, a friend and I got delayed on a trip home and had time to take the tour. Tina Hill did a fabulous job giving the tour. She really has a love for her job and that old building. We were able to take the tour with a couple from Casper. I will be posting a slide show of our tour shortly. I can't find an official website for the old pen, but there is a little write-up on the Wyoming State Historical Society's page, you can click here to view hours of operation, costs, etc.

To look at the city of Rawlins website, click here.
The above link appears to be the official town website, or as near as I can find. It seems the website most likely to be the city site rawlinswyoming.com was snagged by an advertising company of some sort. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

No comments: